January 12, 2013

2013 Photography Goals

"A goal without a plan is just a wish."

That quote is all over Pinterest right now.  The first time I read it a little switch flipped inside me and I started making plans :)  I've tried not to make New Years resolutions for the past few years because I always failed.  This year I've decided to make New Years GOALS.  I only have a few goals and I'm still developing a plan for a couple of the goals but I'm determined to actually write down my plans.  I even bought cute goal planning worksheets on Etsy.  I really did. So today I'm going to lay out my photography plan for this year.

1.  The 52 week project. 

2. Monthly photo critique.  These will take place on CM.  There are lots of very talented photographers there and a critique of your own work in one of the best ways to improve. There is a whole board dedicated to serious critique.

3.  Become more active on CM.  I may expand this to another forum toward the end of the year but for now I'm concentrating on CM.  I'm already participating in two projects...
  • Blog circle -- Monthly assignments with a share on the 2nd day of each month starting in February.  The post will link to another blogger in my group. 
  • 52P Facebook group -- arranged by a group of ladies on CM.  We are planning to share photos and encouragement and ideas.
4.  Take 2-3 online workshops.

5.  E-learning.  Finish two CM breakouts that I have already purchased and complete 2-3 more breakouts from CM.

6.  Read photography books.  Specifically, finish Understanding Exposure and read 2 more books.

7.  Keep equipment handy.  This is going to be tricky because I want my camera close and ready but I don't want to put it where it could get damaged.  I have two small children who tend to cause damage to things I like.

8.  Back up photos regularly.  This isn't going to make me a better photographer but it is a good habit to have.

9.  Monthly family photo.

No comments: